Monday, March 28, 2011

Melodious Monday

My Honey and I were shopping at Wall Mart this morning.  We purchased mostly apples, oranges, pears, water melon and bananas.
When the checker who was a very talkative, well matured Jamaican male




placed the bananas on the scale, the Melody hit me.


I told the checker that when he placed the bananas on the scale it reminded me of the Harry Belafonte song Banana Boat.  Then I sang to him, "Load the Banana boat all night long, Day light come and me wan go home."  He chimed right in on cue and sang "Come Mr. tally man, tally me banana" 

He had a very mellow voice, making our Monday very melodious indeed!   Life is Wonderful!

Then to top it off we were able to have a seren'dipitous rendezvous with our wonderful daughter Trudy.
We ate together at KFC, which was also like a melody.

4 comments:

  1. We did have fun. The checker seemed to really enjoy our conversation and singing with your dad. They sounded good. Should have taken out my camera and gotten a picture of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I enjoyed lunch--thanks for giving me a call. Sick days don't have to be all bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! Can't imagine it though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great song! How fun that he knew it and sang along with you!

    ReplyDelete